- The Chesterfield Football Association is a member of the Gateway Football League, and players of all sizes are allowed to play. Nobody is too heavy to play on our teams. The Gateway Football League follows the national high school rules
- Our teams are grouped by school ages (August 1st
to July 31st
), so players can be on the same team as their classmates.
- We use blocking and tackling dummies, as well as blocking sleds, just like High School, College and NFL teams. Other football programs do not have ANY dummies or sleds!
- We have LIGHTS for our practice fields, so once it starts getting dark early in the evening, we can get the most out of each practice. Unlike some programs, we don’t have to cut our practices short due to darkness.
- Some programs have up to 50 players on a team. Chesterfield doesn’t allow more than 25 players per team, and we average 20 per team. Less players per team = more game playing time! It also means more time doing drills in practice and not standing in long lines waiting for a turn. More practice = better football players!
- Chesterfield mandates a minimum number of plays per game for EVERY player. Some programs don’t have a minimum play rule, and consequently, some players may never get in on a single play during a game.
- Our goal is to teach the fundamentals of football to ALL players. That is why we build teams with a small number of players – so we can maximize the practice time and game playing time that each player gets. Any High School coach will tell you, the more repetitions kids get in practice and the more playing time they get in games, the better prepared they will be for High School football. And that is our goal for EVERY player – not just the best players.